Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pan Seared Sirloin

Sorry for the lack of pictures on this one.. The steak disappeared very quickly.

I've always been curious as to how to cook a good steak, without drying it out and without using a grill. I did a quick good search and fell upon this site here . I modified my method just a bit and the results were amazing. It was tender, juicy and cooked to absolute perfection. I love a good medium-rare steak (red and hot in the center). I refuse to cook beef longer than about medium, you lose the flavor and it dries the cut of meat out. Here's how I cooked my steak tonight.

1. Set oven to Broil for about 10 minutes.

2. Heat olive oil in a metal skillet (MUST HAVE A METAL HANDLE!! NO PLASTIC HANDLES!) for about 2 minutes. Season steak with salt and pepper (any other seasoning will overwhelm the steak and not allow for the natural flavors to be prevalent). I promise, you won't need steak sauce for this piece of heaven.

3. Place meat into the skillet (should sizzle on contact) and allow to cook for around 30 seconds. Using tongs, turn meat over and let cook for another 30 seconds.

4. Place entire skillet into hot oven and allow to cook for around 2 minutes. Using your tongs, flip steak after 2 minutes and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.

5. Remove pan from the oven and serve immediately.

Be sure to use hot pads/oven mitts! I accidentally grabbed the pan after dinner was served and burnt the poops out of my hand.

**First Aid Tip** For a burn, run cool tap water over the affected area. If blistering occurs, it might be a good idea to seek medical attention. Burns that blister become infected very easily, so use caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment